Tuesday, July 24, 2012

'Why don't you arrange for one cab for your daily travel to and from the office' said a female colleague. 'I don't know. I am not comfortable about someone knowing my daily schedule'. I said as I weighed the pros and cons of her suggestion. I need not have bothered. The idea was shot down with a thumping majority back home. So I dropped it as well.

The result is that I get to see different facets of human nature each day. Some cab drivers are very patient - they will wait at red signals without driving at the rate of an inch per second, they will not curse if others try to pass them and they will not honk unnecessarily. On the other hand, some will be so impatient that I end up praying to the Almighty all the way to the office.

I once ended up in a cab where the driver had probably just landed in the city from some hinterland. Unfortunately for him, and me as well, we got stuck in a bad traffic jam. He kept on saying 'Look, there is so much traffic ahead'. Patience is not my claim to fame. But what little patience I have got tested to the limits that day. Only the fact that there was no other vehicle that I could get into nearby kept me calm and sane.

Well, as they say it takes all kinds to make this world.

No comments: