Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Science Behind The Smile - by Daniel Gilbert (HBR Jan-Feb 2012)

How I wish all the managers and organizations that claim that people are their first assets would read the article "The Science Behind The Smile" by Harvard Psychology professor Daniel Gilbert (HBR Jan-Feb 2012). If their employees are lucky, the article will open their eyes to how true the statement is. I cannot say this authoritatively because it's a mere suspicion but I think that in most, if not all, companies in India employee well-being is the last thing on any manager's mind. Hey, if it's not measurable it isn't worth paying attention to,right? That's why I seriously hope and pray that such a discussion does not remain confined to mere academics but finds its way to the practical realm in the form of some indices that can be measured, and therefore tracked. Needless to say Professor Gilbert's 'Stumbling On Happiness' is on my to-read list.

Another article that I plan to locate and read is "On the folly of rewarding A while hoping for B" by by Steven Kerr.

No comments: