Monday, January 2, 2012

Food Tech and Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes

If you like to watch shows about cooking and/or travelling and don't mind investing an hour of your life, I would recommend two TV programs. The first one is called 'Food Tech' - either History or Fox Traveller shows it. Yesterday I chanced upon its 'Chinese Takeaway' episode halfway through. The information on how Oyster sauce and fortune cookies are made was, in Spock's words, fascinating! There was also a segment on how the boxes used for takeaway are manufactured. I think I could get addicted to this program :-)

The other program is Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes (BBC Entertainment) - he covered Morocco and Turkey - places to visit, culinary delights etc. I am not sure if there are other episodes of this program but if there are, I would sure like to watch them.

No comments: