Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dwarakadheesh (Imagine)

I had missed out on couple of episodes of this one because repeat telecast at 11pm has been discontinued. A little adjustment was needed at home so I could watch the 8pm episode instead - not an easy task but I manage to do it every day because I really like the actor playing the lead role of my favorite deity. :-)

Presently, Krishna's childhood friend (God! I remembered Shahrukh Khan from 'Om Shanti Om' the moment I typed these words!), Sudama, has come to see him. It's a heart-warming story but seems to be dragging on in the serial. In my humble opinion, a week's worth of episodes would have been more than enough.

The actor playing Krishna needs to guard against overacting. He tends to do that a lot when the scene is emotional. True, his dimples (and eyes!) hardly give you a chance to look at his eye-brows but you cannot miss them during such scenes as he knits them frequently - which is highly irritating. :-(

So far, the stories have brought out the mischievous and emotional facets of Krishna's persona. I hope this actor is able to do justice to His character when it will be necessary to show a nerve of steel and diplomacy that are the hallmarks of the deity.

That, plus a little outdoor shooting would go a long way in improving the quality of this serial.

No comments: