Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sometimes I wonder how we used to manage before the Net. It seems next to impossible. Let me tell you what happened. Yesterday night I finished off reading BBC Knowledge Magazine's issue that I had bought from Landmark. One of the articles mentioned how King Frederick of Sweden died after having a hearty meal, which, apart from lobster and caviar, had about 14 helpings of a dessert known as Semla. Intrigued, I searched on the net. I got all the information that I could have possibly wanted, and definitely more than what I needed, about the sweet dish. But I before I could digest (!) it all, I came across another new word "Shrove Monday" which led me to "Ash Wednesday". So I read a bit about these 2 days.

I had to summon up every ounce of the self-restraint that I have to avoid finding out more about Ture Sventon. :-)

No comments: