Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Good Show Netherlands!

My heart bled for the Netherlands team after they lost to England. Those guys really gave the Brits the run for their money. As you must have guessed by now, I am not particularly fond of the British team (except when they are playing the Aussies). What is funny though is that the reason for that has got nothing to do with their team's cricketing skills and everything to do with the British Raj.

I know, I know, it is silly to keep a grudge after 60+ years. And it's not as if I remember the partition or Jalianwala Baugh every time I see Kevin Peterson or Paul Collingwood. It's just that somewhere there is still an association that this is the country that divided my country in two and sowed the seeds of the Indo-Pakistan conflict. :-(

No comments: