Friday, January 14, 2011

I am not allergic to paintings but I don't like the kind that make you wonder if they have been put the right side up or not. :-) Recently, I came across an article that gave link to the following site - http://deweygfa.com/availartists.html.

I must confess that I had neither heard of any of the artists featured on this site nor am I going to remember their names come next Monday. But just out of curiosity, I clicked on a few names and looked at some of their work. Most of the paintings left me scratching my head in confusion and I marveled at the folks who would want to shell out a few thousand dollars for these.

But there is one artist whose paintings I really liked - Don Hatfield. I agree, his paintings have a repetitive theme - gardens, families strolling about on the beach or out on a picnic and so on. But it's this very same thing that I liked about them. There is a sense of peace and calm that seemed to come over me when I looked at them.

If I ever think about spending so much of money on paintings, I would buy something like these and put up in every room of my place. These are my kind of paintings :-)

No comments: