Sunday, November 21, 2010

The other day I was browsing through Agatha Christie's novels at a Landmark outlet. I usually go for an Omnibus but pick up a single novel too if I get it at a good price. I found one Omnibus but I suspected that I might already be having 2 of the novels it contained. Just to be sure, I fished out the Catalogue that I have made of all the books that I have (yep, there are so many of them!).

Just then, the woman standing next to me laughed and asked "Oh, you also have one of those?". She pointed to the Catalogue in my hand and said that she also has made one recently because she cannot remember which books she already has. We both laughed again. It felt so good to find a fellow book-lover because we are increasingly becoming a species on a rapid path to extinction :-(

No comments: