Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What is it with us Indians? Why do we think that destruction of public property is the only way to give vent to our dissatisfaction? I am not sure exactly what is going on in J&K. Are we sure that those who are setting fire to schools and vehicles have come from across the border? Or are some of the Indian residents part of this mob? How can anyone tell them apart? Did our leaders make a mistake by allowing some of the Muslims to stay in this country at the time of the partition? If yes, then how many generations are supposed to pay the price for it? Is this rampaging, destroying mob, in fact, the true face of Islam?

My secular mind is not at ease asking these questions. But I can no longer stop myself from raising these either. I am sick and tired of these scenes - as I am sure most of the Indians are. When are these people going to stop? Why can't they live and let live? What is this insane desire to make everyone follow their faith?

Lots of questions and no answers in sight. :-(

No comments: