Wednesday, August 18, 2010

All Work, No Play

'All Work, No Play' is supposed to make Jack a dull boy! But I am not complaining because it kept me busy last Sunday. Ordinarily I would have fretted and fumed for having to work on a Sunday - even if it was from home. But last Sunday was 15th August. I have always believed that we should not have a day off on this day. Rather the citizens should involve themselves in some work that will better their neighborhood or workplace in general and the country in particular. Of course, it has rather been a case of "Who is going to bell the cat?". So I, liked the rest of my fellow countrymen have lolled about on past Independence Days - finishing a pending chore every now and then and thinking that watching old patriotic Hindi songs on TV is enough of a celebration :-(

This time it was different though, as I sat glued to my laptop for the better part of the day - so absorbed that I hardly noticed how the day passed. But even then, I did not miss the program "Total Recall" on Times Now channel. At the risk of sounding theatrical I would say that the sound of "Vande Mataram" from the movie 'Anand Math' increased the speed at which my fingers danced on the keyboard ;-)

No comments: