Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why the fuss about the ball that wasn't even a ball?

The News channels seem hell-bent on milking the Sehwag-Randiv-Sangakkara saga to the last drop till they find something juicier to sink their teeth into. Apparently, they haven't heard that "Three's A Company too" because now suddenly Dilshan's entry has turned the plot 'pitch'-dark.

I wonder what will one of my ex-bosses, who happens to be an American, make of this whole story? Years ago, he had remarked that he has never understood why the batsmen have to run with the bat in the game of cricket. I had, honestly, told him that I was equally foxed by why they throw away the bat before starting to run in the game of baseball. Needless to say, our discussion on sports had begun and ended there :-)

I think I should email him about this and see what his reaction is going to be on this ball that wasn't even a ball! ;-)

No comments: