Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sometimes I am amazed by the associations our brain seems to be retaining. About 2 weeks back I was reading an article about the blockade in the North-eastern state of Manipur. I was also listening to an FM channel and a song I had never heard before started playing. Its starting music didn't sound promising but lateron it somehow caught my full attention. To date I have no idea which movie it is from or what its picturisation looks like. But it evoked memories of a rain-washed landscape. I stopped reading the article and concentrated fully on the song. But as it played along my eyes remained fixed on the photo in the article. It showed a national highway which is the only link from Manipur to the rest of the country. An SUV was traveling across it. When the song finished, I again started reading that article.

The same song played on an FM channel today morning. And in my mind's eye I could see the highway and the SUV. I guess they are now irrevocably associated together as far as I am concerned. :-)

Oh, btw, that song is 'ऐसा समा ना होता, कुछ भी यहाँ ना होता, मेरे हमराही जो तुम ना होते".

No comments: