Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Poppy's Coin - by Mary Blayney

The next novella in the book was Poppy's Coin by Mary Blayney. I must confess that though the first chapter appeared interesting, I harbored serious thoughts of skipping it after reading the next few. I am not a fan of romantic stories. But I wanted to find out about the coin and so I read on.

What coin, you say? Well, this is the coin that little Poppy gives to David. David is not her father but rather a guardian of her and her baby brother. He is also a war hero who has come back home rather unsure of his future in the civilian life. Desperately trying to sell his commission so he can care for the two children, he finds the task rather difficult. So he doesn't truly believe her when she tells him that the coin is magical and grants a proper wish. But he wishes on it anyways. Will the coin make his wish come true?

It's a lighthearted story and so a welcome change from the books that I normally keep on my bedside table. Give it a try and who knows you might start believing in magic too :-)

No comments: