Monday, February 15, 2010

I was about to turn in for the night on Saturday when I thought of checking out the news channels. Déjà vu! Though not on the same scale as Mumbai’s 26/11, it was nonetheless sad to watch that the filthy hand of the terrorists continues to strike at will across the country. The first channel that I landed on kept on referring to an attack on a “bakery” in Pune. Just when I was wondering if it was the German Bakery, the channel confirmed it. A few years back, I was staying in Pune for a project at a place that was almost 10 minutes’ walking distance from the this bakery. It was shocking indeed!

Now for a few days, the channels will be busy dissecting the story threadbare but I guess the only undeniable fact is that there is precious little one can do when faced with fanatics who don’t place high value on human life :-( Lately, I have come to believe that these people will finally get their comeuppance at the hands of the very God who they claim they are doing this for. I just hope it happens sooner than later!

No comments: