Saturday, August 22, 2009

I saw the following email in my mailbox today:

Dear Customer ,

ICICI Bank wishes to inform all its valued customers that we are experiencing a virus attack recently in our software. We are undergoing a system upgrade and hereby we mandate that all our customers update their Online Banking Account now so that you can be able to enjoy our full service(s) of your Online Banking Daily Transactions.

You are requested to update your passwords by following the reference below.:

Sounds fishy, doesn't it? I thought I will report it like a good samaritan. So for next 10 minutes or so I searched the legit ICICI site for any email or phone I could use to bring it to someone's notice.

The email link didn't give out any address, it was just a page to send them a message. The numbers were for phone banking which demanded some code or other which I neither had time nor patience to hunt around for.

I was on the point of giving up when I found this:
http://icicibank.com/Pfsuser/spoofs/bewareoffrauds.html


There is an email address buried at the end and I finally forwarded the above mail to that address :-) Can't you see the Halo that's framing my face now? :-)

2 comments:

Swapnagandha said...

Hey hi.....
I'm very happy to read your blog. That is precisely because I was named after you. You were the city topper in 1989. And I was born the next year and my parents named me after you. I was just doing tp on Google and trying to put my name to see the results, that when I came across your blog. You must be wondering why I'm sharing this with you, but its really great to know the person whom you were named after. I didn't read many of your blogs but the one I did, I liked it. Just had to say all this. Hope you be more successful and very very happy in your life. And more thing........Thank you for giving me such a beautiful name........

Swapnagandha Hawaldar said...

Hi Swapnagandha,

This sure feels weird :-) Kind of like talking to yourself!

I don't know who you are because you haven't included your entire name. But I must say I was pleasantly surprised to read your comment. :-) Never thought someone will name their child after me! Feels nice though :-) Please thank your parents for me.

Thanks for your wishes and I wish you a Happy Peaceful Life too. :-) Keep visiting this blog if you find time.