Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Last week I got an SMS about BJP's "grand IT vision for tranforming India". Some of the salient points left me wondering:

1. Internet enabled education in every school - hope they will be trained on how to use it.
2. eBanking for every Indian - even if he/she doesn't have any bank account? WOW!
3. 1.2 Crore new IT-enabled jobs in rural areas alone - What about net connectivity in rural areas? I stay in a metro and God knows when the cable is down, I have to make at least 3-4 calls and still, it takes 2-3 days for someone to turn up and set it right. BTW who is going to train these people?

Hmmm....this message told me at the end that I could SMS certain number to stop receiving further such messages. But I am yet to do so. I don't want to deprive myself of more material for this blog :-)

No comments: