Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (Spoiler)

The more I read through “The Deathly Hallows” the more convinced I am getting that I have purchased some twisted copy of the original। Rowling’s plot cannot be this horrible. How can Ron leave Harry’s side? How can Harry’s wand snap in two? How can he and Hermione be still searching for the glimmer of knowledge when I am through almost a third of the book?

An unnecessary fear is welling up in the pit of my stomach – maybe the book ends with Harry’s death। Maybe the good hasn’t triumphed over evil this time. I had avoided visiting any news websites when this last book was published for the fear that I might unwittingly come across the ending. But surely if Harry was killed in the last novel the uproar from the fans would have been hard to ignore.

I also keep telling myself that since Ron and Hermione are in love with each other neither of them could die, isn’t it? But then again, this isn’t a typical Bollywood potboiler either to make such safe assumptions. I now have to battle this crazy impulse to check out the last few pages of the book to reassure myself that it does have a happy ending.

At this rate, I guess it will get harder and harder to keep the book down and go about my daily chores. :-(

No comments: