Saturday, January 17, 2009

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoiler)

As I wrote in one of my earlier blog entries, though Snape killed Dumbledore and joined the Death Eaters at the end of the last novel, I couldn’t make myself believe that he was always on Voldemort’s side because that would have meant that Dumbledore made a ghastly error of judgement. Within a first few chapters of the Deathly Hallows, however, I am beginning to wonder if I was wrong. Cursing Fred Weasley’s ear hardly seems like an act of someone who is still working for the good of the Order. :-(


It was difficult at first to accept that Hermione, Ron and Harry won’t be going to Hogwarts for their final year. I felt deprived of the journey in the Hogwarts Express with its scarlet engine and food trolley serving Chocolate frogs :-( Even more unnerving was the idea of the 3 of them running a fugitive’s life away from the Weasley family. I am becoming anxious enough at the end of each chapter to go skimming through the next one trying to assure myself that nothing ghastly is gonna leap at me there.


And the accusations against Dumbledore seem impossible! I am just glad that Harry met the Weasley family on that oddly numbered platform during his first year at Hogwarts. It’s comforting to know that Hermione and Ron are with him when he needs them the most :-)


Oh, BTW, I would love to learn the Undetectable Extension Charm that Hermione used on her little beaded bag. That seems to be about the only possible way that can help my tiny purse hold all my things :-)

No comments: