Saturday, November 1, 2008

Recently I came across the following story about Mahatma Gandhi:

A couple once came to Gandhiji with their little son and requested him to talk to the child. The child was quite fond of sweets and the parents thought that only Gandhiji could convince him that consuming them in excess wasn’t good for his health.

Gandhiji asked the couple to come back after a week. When they returned he talked to the child about the harmful effects of eating too much sweet. Surprised, the couple asked him why he didn’t do the same when they first came to him.

“That’s because I didn’t want to talk to him about abstaining from eating too much sweet without first getting rid of the habit myself. It took me a week to get over my fondness for sweets” Gandhiji told them.

In today’s age when the politicians don’t think before, during or after talking, this story sounds too good to be true!

No comments: