Sunday, October 12, 2008

I was still reeling from the shocking news of the remake of Karz (now starring Himesh Reshammiya) when I received another bombshell – Abhimaan (originally with Amitabh and Jaya Bachhan) is going to be remade with Abhishek and Aishwariya.

Now I agree that Amitabh wasn’t quite convincing as the arrogant dashing singer but somehow he managed it. Jaya Bachhan on the other hand was as sweet as they make them as the village girl who firmly believes that when one sings for one’s own happiness the result is always melodious.

I stretched my imagination to its limits but I couldn’t visualize either Abhishek - with his wooden expression - belting out “meet na mila re man ka” or Aishwariya as a coy village girl playing with her pitcher singing “Nadiya kinare”.

Someone, please make it unlawful to remake old classics! :-)

No comments: