Monday, August 25, 2008

Keith Floyd - Floyd’s India

Floyd’s India is different from the rest of the shows because Keith Floyd typically cooks 3-4 dishes simultaneously. Despite watching many episodes I haven’t been yet able to keep track of which ingredients are put in which dishes. J The confusion is confounded because even for a particular dish, he often tips in a lot of ingredients together in the pan. That makes me wonder out aloud every time if all of them cook to perfection.

There’s one thing common in his and Madhur Jaffrey’s show though – both of them cook in the unlikelist of places. I once watched Madhur Jaffrey cook seafood dishes on a beach. Similarly, Floyd once cooked against the backdrop of an abandoned palace in a lake in Jaipur – and had elephants for company!

As I watch this show I can’t help but feel that it would be better if Floyd cooks his dishes one at a time.

No comments: