Friday, July 18, 2008

There is another beautiful story about happiness. When Brahma made humans the Gods thought that humans were very powerful and could be a threat to the kingdom of heaven in future. Hence they decided to hide their happiness so that the constant search for happiness would keep the humans away from the thought of conquering the heavens. But where could the happiness be hidden such that the humans would find it difficult to locate it?

Narada solved the problem by suggesting that the happiness should be hidden in the human mind because that is where humans are least likely to look for it. Since then all of us have been chasing happiness though it resides right within us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard another one. There was a young cat who was in the alley going round and round chasing its own tail. An older wiser cat was walking by. He asked, "What are you upto young fel-ine?" "I took MCAT and went to UCat Medical School. There I learned that happiness is the most important thing in the world, and that it lies in one's tail.Therefore I am chasing it."
"Hmm. I took the CAT and went to Purrdue. You know what I learned? I learned that indeed, the most important thing in the world is happiness, and that it lies in one's tail. But I also learned, that if I keep my head straight and go about my business every single day, it will follow me wherever I go...."