Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy 2008!!

I have always suspected that none of my friends read this blog. That's because anytime I ask them if they have checked it out recently I get answers like "I did, a couple of days back". :-)

So, for all my friends and those strangers (who really are only friends waiting to meet me) who might accidently (and unfortunately!) stumble across this blog - Happy 2008! May all your wishes come true..........

What's a new year without smiles? So here goes....

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. ~Bill Vaughn

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other. ~Author Unknown

Never tell your resolution beforehand, or it's twice as onerous a duty. ~John Selden

The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. ~Oscar Wilde

But can one still make resolutions when one is over forty? I live according to twenty-year-old habits. ~Andre Gide

It wouldn't be New Year's if I didn't have regrets. ~William Thomas

May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions. ~Joey Adams

He who breaks a resolution is a weakling;
He who makes one is a fool.
~F.M. Knowles

I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me. ~Anaïs Nin

Of all sound of all bells... most solemn and touching is the peal which rings out the Old Year. ~Charles Lamb

And finally,

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. ~Ellen Goodman

(http://www.quotegarden.com/new-year.html)

No comments: