Saturday, October 13, 2007

Amul girl might go to Guinness book of World records

This one piece of news really gladdened my heart. The picture of this cute cartoon character of a 4-year old girl accompanied by a catchy take on one of the latest happenings has over the years made me look out for Amul posters. Each time it has given me a chance to smile - irrespective of my mood. And each time I have wondered at the geniuses who create it. Check out the ads at http://www.amul.tv/amultv/advertisements.html

I was surprised to read that it has been 40 years since the ads started - 1967 to 2007. And so "utterly butterly delicious" might end up in the Guinness book of World records as the longest running outdoor advertizing campaign.

Thank you Amul girl for making me smile all these years! And hope you are around for 100 more.

Three cheers for the "The taste of India"!

No comments: