Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chak de India

I am posting this message despite the fact that India lost against England in the 7th and decisive Natwest ODI. That's because this message is about the 6th ODI.

I was of course overjoyed that India really "Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat" as the newspapers so often put it. They dont do that often. I didnt see Robin Utthapa playing the last ball but I was there in time to see the expression on England captain Collingwood's face. Boy! Did that warm my heart :-)

And then Yuvraj came running on the ground. That was followed by what can only be termed as the mix of bhangada and kathakali :-) Ganguli and Zahir also ran on the ground and it was so heartening to see the spontaneous celebration of the team which is plagued by internal politics.

So at the cost of sounding melodramatic I will use the phrase that is being used so often these days.....Chak De INDIA!

No comments: