Saturday, July 16, 2022

21st Birthday and Till Murder Do Us Part - James Patterson

There was a time when I would eagerly reach out for a James Patterson crime story. Then there came a time when I shunned crime genre. We have so much of murder and mayhem in real lives that we perhaps do not need to look for it in the world of fiction.

Still, I checked out 21st Birthday first. From the title, it looked as if the novel would be about a serial killer who kills women before they reach their 21st birthday. There is serial killer in this allright but he is not targeting women who are on the verge of turning 21. In fact, after I finished reading the book I was not even sure about why Tara Burke gets killed along with her daughter. 

Of course, that did not deter me from reaching out for Till Murder Do Us Part. It's just that I missed the part about it being true crime stories - till I finished reading it. This one has 2 stories about women who married or fell in love with who they thought were men of their dreams only to discover that the relationship was too good to be true. Scary? You bet it is.

No comments: