Saturday, December 2, 2017

Supernatural, S13, E05

I think I can breath easy now. It is pretty clear that neither of the Winchester brothers can die or stay dead for long. The show just won't go on without them, right? So when I saw the whole Reaper saga rehashed in the flashback at the episode's beginning, I just wondered whether it would be Sam or Dean who was going to end up dead. I, however, didn't move to the edge of the seat holding on to my breath for dear life. The Winchester boys are not mortal - at least till the last season of the show. And I hope that's not in the offing in the near future at least.

I ain't complaining about yet another case. God knows we all need a long breather from the entire Lucifer-Prince Of Hell-Apocalypse saga. But a psycho doctor doing lobotomy on his patients? C'mon that sounds like a third-rate slasher movie. If you have run out of American folklore, feel free to dip into the vast store of myths and legends of other cultures. Hope you aren't taking 'America First' too seriously :-)

Has Billie put on some weight? I also found it rather hard to believe that she was clueless about how the doorway into the other universe opened up. That room with rows upon rows of books detailing different ways in which Dean could shuffle off his mortal coil seemed rather comical. So also the sight of the Reaper who went shouting at the top of her lungs that Dean Winchester was in The Veil - whatever that means. Good to know that the Winchesters are needed to keep the Universe running but I wonder whatever happened to the 'consequences of cosmic proportion' that she had promised when Castiel bumped her off.

The highlight of the episode, at least as far as I am concerned, is that Castiel is back. The Winchesters would have, no doubt, managed without him. But the equation against Lucifer seems more balanced now.

I am glad Dean got his win.

No comments: