Wednesday, September 6, 2017

97 Things Every Programmer Should Know

To be frank, I was looking for '97 Things Every Architect Should Know' when I came across the above title instead. Intrigued, I read on.

And was glad that I did. Ranging from the delightful 'Learn To Say "Hello World" -' about letting go of your IDE and using the command line tools - to the quirky 'Let Your Project Speak For Itself' - about using an extreme feedback device to publicizing project metrics - to the arcane (at least to my Java ears!) 'The Linker Is Not A Magical Program', this 188 page book is packed with little gems that will go a long way in improving not only your projects but also how you do your work. And they are a joy to read.

I highly recommend getting a copy for the developers in your team. And while you are at it, do take some time to go through it yourself.

P.S. Wonder why they couldn't make it a 100 things.

No comments: