Saturday, July 22, 2017

Learning Sanskrit - Class 3

Okay, 10 more sentences. Here we go - I laugh, I cry, I roam, I dance, I sing........

Then we read a story in Sanskrit - you know the one about the thirsty crow putting pebbles in a jar to bring up the little water that it contains. Next we moved on to how to tell time in Sanskrit - let's say, starting from 5, 5:05,5:10 right down to 5:50,5:55 and 6. We learnt the words for today, tomorrow, day after tomorrow, 2 days after tomorrow, yesterday, day before yesterday and 2 days before yesterday. Yep, Sanskrit has words for all of these!

We referred to the material that detailed the daily routine of a school-going child. And then one of our school-going classmates was asked to sum up his routine. Better him than me! But the teacher wasn't going to let off the rest of us so easily. 'Write down your routine along with the time as homework' she grinned as she said this.

So that's what I did and sent it to her on whatsapp - because I was going to miss the fourth class as I was going out of town next weekend.

No comments: