Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hell's Angel (Supernatural, Season 11, E18)

I knew it! Rowena is alive and kicking - though I am not sure if it is good news or bad. But whatever it is the latest Supernatural episode was a blast compared to the sorry affair of the last one (Red Meat). It really looked like the writers of the show were reheating the leftovers till they could figure out how to sort the whole Lucifer-Amara mess. Of course, all is forgiven, given that today's episode was by all means the best one so far of this season. I don't remember seeing so much happening in such a short time in any earlier episodes.

Of course, the Winchesters were gonna fail. We would have been back to square one if they had succeeded in forcing Lucifer back to the Cage. But with him still in the fray, the plot has loads of possibilities. One good thing is that now all cards are on the table as far as all characters are concerned. Everyone knows that Rowena is not dead. The Winchesters (and Crowley, of course) know that she had been helping Amara in secret. The Winchesters know that Crowley has escaped from Hell. And that Castiel is in no hurry to cast Lucifer out of his vessel. It is just that the team structure is way too fluid so I guess the only two people who can trust each other are the Winchesters. No surprises there, they always had each other's backs. I wonder, however, if perhaps they have been a little hasty in thinking that like all other earlier weapons the Horn of Joshua (I really lose the plot when it gets too biblical!) was of one-time use.

I have my doubts if the Almighty is going to make an appearance anytime soon but who knows. Wiki tells me that we will have to wait for 3 more weeks before the next episode is aired. I hope the writers are on a roll so that the wait would prove to be worth it.

No comments: