Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Various Haunts Of Men - Susan Hill (Spoiler Alert!)

I wonder if the fever has played havoc with my ability to enjoy books. I hope (and pray!) not. And there is plenty of room to hope because I really liked this one almost to its very end. Though the character of Freya Graffham sounded very much like countless other women in Law Enforcement (right down to the gorgeous part!) I didn't mind it in the least. The author has done a good job of creating suspicion about more than one characters. But the end left me more than slightly confused. Why did Karin feel shielded and cocooned in the end? Why did Aidan leave the tapes for Cat? And why was he killing?

That said, I wouldn't mind reading the remaining two parts of this trilogy - even if just for DCI Simon Serrailler ;-)

No comments: