Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Inside Man - Jeff Abbott (Spoiler Alert!)

I don't know if it's happening because I have read many whodunits since I joined the library about 9 years back. But lately, I have been finding myself losing interest rapidly after reading the first few pages. But it could well be due to the fact that the whole idea that the protagonist would undertake the dangerous task of getting himself closely involved with a family that is suspected of being part of some sinister operation, just to avenge a dead friend - that too when he has an infant son at home - seemed rather far-fetched.

Truth be told, I never got around to trusting Cori and Galo much, I failed to understand why Sam went after Kent and the supposed 'twist in the tail' of Sam's brother being alive days after his alleged slaying wasn't impressive enough.

Anyways, this time around I have got Mary Higgins Clarks' "Weep No More, My Lady". And Jeffery Deaver's 'The Skin Collector' lined up after that. What can I say? I am an eternal optimist - at least as far as whodunits are concerned. :-)

No comments: