Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Elementary, The View From Olympus

Is it just me or are the stories really becoming progressively boring? Sure, they seem to be about the flavor of the month - what with the ride sharing apps and the privacy-invading tracking system. But beyond that, the crime seemed unnecessarily convoluted to me. Frankly, towards the end I found myself concentrating hard just to figure out who had killed whom and for what.

I wonder if Watson's love interest was eliminated so that the writers could concentrate on Sherlock's personal life more. I wonder what poor Sir Arthur Conan Doyle would have made of this Sherlock, who, is too humane for my taste.

I sigh when I think of what cases Sherlock would have been handling if he had remained with MI6 instead. Chinese espionage, Russian spy poisoning, Uprising in a dictatorial country and a country with nuclear arsenal going rogue. Perhaps it would have been a case of the reel life imitating the real one. But I would have preferred it any day over mummified corpses and ladies clamoring to have Sherlock's child. :-(

No comments: