Thursday, January 15, 2015

Spanish - Class XXI

If I glance at my notes from the class, it looks as if we didn't do much - considering the fact that we have just 2 more classes to go. And yet we were occupied for the entire duration of 2 hours.

The first part of the class was of course spent in going through the homework as always. After that we learnt about Los Adjetivos Posesivos - mine (mi), your (su) etc. in their masculine/feminine as well as singular/plural forms. A couple of exercises involving their usage followed. Then the 3rd group of irregular verbs was covered - ER. I get 'tense'd thinking about how I will remember verb forms for the main 3 tenses - Past, Present and Future - for regular + 3 groups of irregular verbs (with their o -> ue, e -> i and e -> ie variations). I dare not think about the rest of the tenses. :-(

The last part of the class was reserved for listening exercises. We listened to 2 audios containing conversations carried out in restaurants. Even when I had the transcripts of the dialogues in front
of me it was difficult to pick out what was being said.

I am very worried about the listening comprehension and Viva part of the exam. :-(

Despite that, I must say that it gives me immense joy when I come across a Spanish word that I recognize. A couple of days back, I found a Spanish poem in one article. Just for fun, I tried to understand it. Of course, I didn't understand it fully but when I checked the translation I found that I had got the gist of it. Not bad after doing the basic course, not bad at all!

And the credit for it goes to the teacher - Gracias Maestra!

No comments: