Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bungalow 9, Bandra

I know I had recommended Bandra's Bungalow 9 a couple of months back. But I stand corrected. We had been there last weekend. I cannot be sure but I suspect that they have changed the menu. Last time we were there, we had had hard time choosing what to order because there were so many new dishes to choose from. This time, we had hard time choosing what to order - because there was hardly anything different to choose from (same old pasta, same old phad thai). I say 'hardly' because there were a few dishes at the end of every section which had exotic sounding names but they were steeply priced and hence prone to giving you heartburn if the price didn't end up justifying the quality.

Since we didn't want to get up and leave in search of some other place to eat late on a Sunday afternoon, we decided to brave it out. When I asked the waiter about some 'taco' preparation from the appetizers section, he said that it will consist of only 2 pieces so I dropped the plan. By now we had lost all our appetite and ended up ordering only a Pizza with smoked chicken.

When the pizza failed to arrive within the next 15 minutes, I stopped looking at the watch. So I suspect, rather than know for sure, that it must have taken more than 30 minutes for us to be served. When the pizza was finally brought to our tables, My heart sank at the sight of it - it looked woefully inadequate even for 2 adults, 8 tiny slices with pieces of chicken thrown in as an afterthought. The taste was good but I cannot still fathom why it took them so long to serve it. We didn't want to order anything else and cool our heels for further 30 minutes.

Needless to say, when we left we had decided that we will never come back.

No comments: