Sunday, December 29, 2013

As the X-Files progresses well into its 9th and final season, I find myself getting increasingly exasperated with the storyline. Whatever happened to good old aliens and their grand plans to take over Planet Earth? The idea of super-soldiers sounds so stale now (maybe it wasn't in 2001 when this season was aired in the US). Oh, and correct me if I am wrong, but aren't such soldiers supposed to be immortal? If what Scully's son can do is anything to go by, these soldiers are adept at telekinesis. Then how can they be killed by iron? In the words of John Doggett 'it doesn't make any sense to me'.

There is no denying the fact that agents Monica Reyes and John Doggett have brought the show a much needed freshness. I was getting tired of Scully's 'I am sleep walking' look as well as Mulder's smugness. I positively rejoiced when he got abducted.

Here's hoping that I will get to see an episode or two of an x-file that has nothing to do with super soldiers before the series draws to a close.

No comments: