Friday, October 25, 2013

I have finished reading Adhyaya 4. But I am still clueless about what exactly is meant by the term 'transcendental knowledge'. It is used everywhere in the purports, and yet hasn't been fully explained. The purports keep talking about being in 'Krishna Consciousness' but till now no practical example has been given - probably because one is supposed to learn it from the master. If that is true, I guess there is no hope for people like me who don't trust folks in saffron robes. I agree that a spiritual person need not be so attired. Nor does he/she need to have a large following. In fact, I would expect a truly spiritual person to be free from such ceremonial trappings. Ironically, it is precisely this fact that will make it harder for one to come across such a person.

It is said that when the student is ready to receive knowledge, the master appears. Maybe, I am not ready enough.

No comments: