Saturday, September 14, 2013

Supernatural - Season 8

I can understand zombies, vampires, shape-shifters, even Leviathans (though they have more or less turned me off burgers!). But the Greek God Prometheus - strapped to a mountain side to suffer a death every day as a punishment by Zeus - coming down bang into 21st century in an avalanche? If I have to quote Dean Winchester, I would say 'Seriously?'. For a little while there, it looked as if the makers of the show kind of lost the plot.

And why in hell (!) did they have to kill off Meg for? I had come to like her one-liners and her deadpan expression when she delivered them. Plus the fact that she was helping Dean and Sam (though I no longer remember why!) did not hurt either.Thank God for handsome angels! Castiel is back and in his full demon-destroying form. I just couldn't figure out that 'pizza-man' dialogue between him and Meg. Or for that matter the reference to Mesopotamia when Naomi drops in (!) to meet Crowley.

Given the fact that some of the previous season finales have seen at least one major character being killed or sent to purgatory or some such far-flung place, I won't be surprised if Sam drops dead at the end of Season 8. I just hope it won't come to that.

No comments: