Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mad Over Donuts

'Can we have panipuri?' I asked the guy who was sitting at the counter with an expression that proclaimed to the world that he would be rather someplace else than there.
'Nope, we aren't open yet. Too early' he mumbled something to that effect.

I had guessed as much because we were way too early to the mall. Everywhere around us people were getting their stalls ready for the day's business. We were late to catch McDonald's and Subway breakfast. Even the guy selling Corn wasn't ready with his stuff. Frustrated, we turned to 'Mad Over Donuts'. I hadn't got any favorable feedback about this eatery from some of my friends so I was a bit reluctant to try their fare. Though I love chocolates, I don't like them in ice-creams, cakes or donuts. So when I walked in to find isles of chocolate and cream covered donuts, it was all I could do not to turn on my heels and walk out.

Just then the Original donuts with their thin layer of sugary frosting caught my attention. Why not try these? We ordered them and when I took a bite I knew that I had chosen wisely. It was soft, with a hint of warmth from being warmed in the microwave and the frosting was just at the right level of sweetness - neither weak enough to make you wonder if you are eating a savory snack nor so sweet that you cannot eat more than a bite. Perfect down to the very last bite!

Do I have it in me to try one of the chocolate ones next? Maybe.....if I am feeling particularly adventurous. And that's unlikely in near future!

No comments: