Wednesday, April 3, 2013


It’s always good to read about Theo. Theo is Theodore Boone. And he is also ‘half the man, twice the lawyer’ as his creator, author John Grisham describes him. I first came across Theo when he was just a ‘Kid Lawyer’. Reading about him made me forget my anxiety as I sat in the waiting room of my dentist, waiting for my root canal. J I am eternally grateful to Theo for that!

It was to be full 2 years before I stumbled across him again when his friend April got abducted. Needless to say, I enjoyed every minute of the account and wasted no time in bringing home ‘The Accused’. Reading this wasn’t, however, easy. My favorite character was in hot water. He was being stalked, harassed, attacked and framed for a robbery which he didn’t commit. It appeared as if he was out of his depth. It became so painful to read each page that I did the unthinkable. I skipped a few pages to take a peek at the storyline ahead – this despite having watched countless Hindi movies where ‘they all live happily ever after’ – always!

Of course, the book did one major question behind – whatever happened to Pete Duffy? I am not too perturbed because I know that’s going to be the plot for another Theo book. J I hear a new one has the stands already – The Activist. J

No comments: