Thursday, June 21, 2012

I wouldn't have normally noticed it as I usually sit with my nose buried deep in the newspaper. But the bus was bouncing a lot on the roads that are in ruins even before the first raindrops hit the city. And I didn't want to end up damaging my eyes. So I was looking out the window when I noticed the little girl squatting hunched on the pavement. My first thought was 'Oh no, I hope that child is not lost. Where is her mother?'.

Turned out that the mother was sitting nearby. It was only when she came forward and picked up the little girl that I realized that the girl was answering nature's call - the one that takes longer.

How I wish Montek Singh Ahluwalia was around. It would have been interesting to see if he could still justify Rs. 35 for the toilet!

No comments: