Tuesday, October 18, 2011

1-Nod Ordering Patent

If sources are to be believed, even Mr. Spock would be able to order from Amazon.com soon by just raising his eyebrow.

I am talking about Amazon's 1-Nod Ordering Patent here, which, it is claimed, would let people make purchases with a nod, a smile, or even a raise of the eyebrow. This reminded me of my one of my ex-bosses - an American with 3 Indians in his team who were inclined to nod their heads instead of clearly saying 'Yes' or 'No'. 'Do you mean Yes or No?' he would often ask, perplexed - before he got used to the gesture that is :-)

In the meantime, I have found the perfect first order for Mr. Spock :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Old Technology.
Opera browser released this in 2009.
Check this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkNxbyp6thM

You can track this down to to exact date of the invention.