Tuesday, August 16, 2011

हम तुम्हे यू भुला ना पायेंगे

It was sad to hear that actor Shammi Kapoor is no more. He was before my time but that never prevented me from enjoying his songs. I was never a fan of either Raj Kapoor or Dilip Kumar whereas I liked Dev Anand in some of his movies. But I absolutely loved Shammi because he was always so bubbly and lively in almost all his roles. His character was almost always a go-getter. And he made it legal for a Hindi movie hero to make funny faces while singing songs. :-) It was as if he told you not to take life so seriously. A mantra we should all live by.

I hope some of the TV channels will air his movies like An Evening in Paris, Professor and Teesri Manzil.

The newspapers called it 'the end of an era'. I beg to differ. As long as there are people who enjoy his songs, Shammi Kapoor will be with us. And I am sure there will always be many of them in generations to come. :-)

No comments: