Thursday, July 28, 2011

I was feeling very listless over the weekend because of the cold. On top of it, there is some vague feeling of uneasiness, nothing frightening, just some stupid inexplicable haunting feeling. It could be of course a by-product of the season. Monsoon always makes me long for something, though I don't know what.

So I decided to do a little spring-cleaning. For months, I have been thinking about getting out that stack of CDs which I had put together during my last days at the B School, stashed away on coming back to Mumbai and then forgotten. I decided to make good use of the time I had.

Many things tumbled out of those disks - articles, pdf files of finance books, photos. And 3 things that I was looking out for. One, a collection of cartoons - Asterix, Calving & Hobbes and Tintin - that a friend had put together for me. Two, a collection of Tom & Jerry that the same friend had been generous enough to copy. Karthik, pal, thanks a zillion times for this! :-)

The third item was the diary which I had managed to pen almost every day of my stay there. I could not resist the temptation of opening up a few pages to check out their contents and cringed at the abbreviations and the short clipped sentences that I had used. I saw references to classmates who had been part of my universe during that year. I wondered what I had meant by DMO and MDM. In one of the pages I had mentioned going to the Mining class. For a moment, I wondered what this was all about. Then it struck me that it meant Data Mining class. :-)

There were countless references to going for walks, breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, grief over assignments and fretting over results. It seemed as if I was reading someone else's diary. I could not recognize this me that was peeking out of the pages. Amazing, this thing that we call Life. :-)

No comments: