Friday, May 6, 2011

Highway on my plate

It was fun watching the Ludhiana episode of "Highway On My Plate" (NDTV Good Times) yesterday - as usual. I am not much of a Paneer (Cottage cheese) fan. But did you see Rocky and Mayur tuck into the giant pakodas at "Punnu ke Pakore"? There was a chunky piece of paneer with green coriander-mint chutney inside each pakora. And this was accompanied with apple chutney. It looked yum!

I am not sure what was so special about the kulfi at "Basant Ice-Cream" at Field Ganj. I mean, the kulfi looked like any other kulfi. Guess the proof of the kulfi is in eating it. So if I ever go to Ludhiana and manage to get my hands on the aforementioned kulfi, I will be sure to let you know about it on this blog.

But the best part was the "Cream Chicken" at Chawala’s2- called so because in addition to their original dish of "Cream Chicken", they have now added vegetarian varieties like Cream Paneer and Cream Mushrooms. I was amazed when the owner told Rocky and Mayur that the absolutely sumptuous-looking dish was prepared without water, oil or chili powder. All it contained was a home-cooked mixture of secret spices, black pepper, milk and cream. Oh Boy!

No comments: