Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cookery Shows

I have become a hopeless addict to the cookery shows. I love watching Kylie Kwong, Angela Lawson and Rachel Allen on Travel and Living channel. Since "Food Food", India's first dedicated food channel, was launched I have become an ardent fan of "Firangi Tadka" (though I believe "Cheff" Chinu makes unnecessary hand movements!), Chai Nashta and of course, Sanjeev Kapoor's Kitchen. I think I will not be kidding if I say that I have thousands of recipes jotted down in diaries, notebooks and scraps of paper. I try some over the weekends and most of them turn out to be pretty good.

But I must admit that it is not possible to try out all the recipes. That, however, doesn't deter me from copying down new ones. And the dream of collecting all the tried-and-tested recipes in one book has so far remained, well, a dream :-(

No comments: