Friday, February 4, 2011

Food Food Channel

I discovered it by accident while surfing the channels 2 days back and have been addicted to it ever since. The first Indian TV channel dedicated solely to food! Wow!

I have watched 2 episodes of "Sanjeev Kapoor's Kitchen" (this channel is his brainchild, by the way) And Rakesh Sethi's "Chai Nashta". Loved both of them.

I have watched single episode of "Khata Rahe Mera Dil" so far. This one took the viewers on a tour of eating joints in Kolkata - right from Momos and Kheema-stuffed Parathas to the famous Bengali dessert - Sondesh. Simply Yum!

I didn't like "Turban Tadka" though. The chef kept on saying "Bhai" at the end of every sentence - as if to emphasize his Punjabi roots . Not that it wasn't apparent from the turban he was wearing! I got bored and changed channel halfway through the program. I am not likely to watch it again. Similarly, the program "Ready Steady Cook" hosted by Roshni Chopra was high on hype and low on content. I am not going to be one of its repeat viewers.

I hope they launch a website soon. I would really love to see a comprehensive listing of places to eat - especially small road-side eateries - across the whole width and breadth of the country. That will help me plan out the culinary journey that I am hoping to make across India one day.

Till then, I am more than happy to watch this true-blue desi foodie channel :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is indeed a very good start towards the cookery shows...where it used to be once or twice a week or mon-thu...but this is indeed just an awesome move...I'd say Hats Off to the brilliant brain that thought of such a wonderful plan n made my "once Upon a time dream True" I've watched all the programs ... n i liked them all....I would disagree with swapnagandha ...for her comment on Turban Tadka....coz i feel...thats not supposed be declaring the program bad...He too present good dishes ...n very rarely u come across the punjabis,the south indians etc who dont have their mother tongue...or their style not being their very close associate!!!
I woul want this Channel never to come to an end.....Its simply greaaaatttt
Angela...