Thursday, December 23, 2010

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read that Rajnikant's film "Robot" is part of IIM-A course. I distinctly remember one of the professors during my MBA days who, for one of his courses (I seriously don't remember which!), had screened couple of movies and lateron asked a series of questions about the characters and situations.

One such film that was screened was "Satya". I hadn't liked the film in the first place and disliked it even more after the course. I haven't dared watch it since then. :-)

I read that "Robot" will be taken up as a case study on business of cinema. I wonder if the professors will ask questions like 'Please explain how the number of somersaults that a cigarette does in mid-air is related to the business the film will do in the 1st week of its release" or "How do you think the shades used by the hero shape up the perceptions of his audience about which shades to buy". Shudder!

Now that we are talking of Rajanikant, I happened to see a scene from one of his movies, possibly "Sivaji", in which, the hero, stung by the heroine's rejection of his dark skin, applies a heavy mixture of 'Fair & Lovely' to his body. I have never been a fan of these fairness creams but I haven't been able to look at a tube of 'Fair & Lovely' squarely in the eye ever since :-)

No comments: