Thursday, August 26, 2010

This one is for you, Bro

I wanted to post this on the day of the Raksha Bandhan. But as life would have it, I was very busy that day. Yesterday's posts were also done just before leaving office for the day. So I thought of posting it today rather than never. It is very unlikely that my brother will see this because I am sure he wouldn't be able to recall this blog's address even if his very life depended on it. :-)

Those who know both of us find it hard to believe that we are siblings because we are as different as chalk and cheese. He is just an inch short of 6' whereas I stopped growing after I reached a little over 5'. He is fair while I am of light wheatish complexion. I love books while he did all of us a favor by reading the textbooks during his student days. About the only thing that's common between the 2 of us is our very very short-temper. His is a tad shorter than mine :-)

But somehow or other, we always got along fine. Touch Wood! My mom always says that I wasn't even a bit jealous when he was born. On his part, he has always tried to behave as if he is the elder one. As we grew up, we realized that we have differences of opinion just like any two human beings and we have tacitly agreed to disagree on those. He thinks that Brad Pitt is the most handsome man on earth while I have reserved that title for John Abraham. He thinks Jolie is hot while I think she is okay :-)

I have always wondered how it is when there are more than 2 siblings. Do they have favorites among themselves? As far as I am concerned, I am glad there are only 2 of us. Mom surely couldn't have handled more :-)

So for whatever it is worth, bro, you are the best! But I bet you already know that because I wouldn't have settled for anything else :-)

No comments: