Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Can anyone please tell me why these facewash companies print product price on a narrow strip that they call "The Crimp"? (that space should be called 'The Cramped'). Over the weekend, I was standing in an isle, trying to figure out which facewash should I buy - my usual one or a new one that looked better? Of course, price was a consideration. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a facewash that may or may not make my skin clean and radiant. But no, I could not, for the life of me, figure out the new product's price. :-(

Finally, in frustration, I bought the new one anyway. Predictably, I forgot to check its price at the checkout counter. It's a pain to check up all items on reaching home so I have taken to checking the total number of items received vs total number of items paid for. If they tally, I am happy. The receipt went to the dustbin.

So these days, when I wash my face in the mornings, I sometimes remember this and try to fathom out the price. No such luck yet :-( Guess by the time I figure it out, I would get used to the product. Wonder if that was the marketing trick all along!

No comments: